Documentation on mocking?

Erem
Hey Peter,

Where do you suggest I read to learn up on how to use the mocking
aspects of Spock?

I got spock up and running yesterday with some trivial tests. Now I'm
trying to do something that requires heavy usage of mocking, but I
don't find any good documentation of the mocking aspects of Spock on
the wiki.

Currently I'm using your comment on a random blog post as my primary
documentation =P

Re: Documentation on mocking?

Erem,

in Spock we talk about 'interactions' between objects. There is some
documentation on the Wiki:
http://code.google.com/p/spock/wiki/Interactions
http://code.google.com/p/spock/wiki/PublisherSubscriberSpecification

You could also have a look at Spock's own specifications. However they
might look a bit odd because they don't merely use mocks, but rather
specify how mocking is supposed to work.
http://code.google.com/p/spock/source/browse/#svn/trunk/spock-specs/src/test/groovy/org/spockframework/smoke/mock

Spock 0.4, scheduled for the end of the year, will improve Spock's
mocking capabilities. By then we hope to have some more documentation.
Until then, feel free to ask in the forum.

On Nov 25, 9:09 pm, Erem <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey Peter,
>
> Where do you suggest I read to learn up on how to use the mocking
> aspects of Spock?
>
> I got spock up and running yesterday with some trivial tests. Now I'm
> trying to do something that requires heavy usage of mocking, but I
> don't find any good documentation of the mocking aspects of Spock on
> the wiki.
>
> Currently I'm using your comment on a random blog post as my primary
> documentation =P

Re: Documentation on mocking?

Erem
Peter,

Thanks for updating the interaction docs and those specifications are
very useful. This framework is wonderful thx for all the hard work =)