Excited to try it out

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Excited to try it out

Erem
I ended an excellent coding session today on a bad note because of
frustration with jmock. Then I happened across the Spock google code
page and it looks like just what the doctor ordered.

Also, it's one of  the best-documented open source projects I've run
across yet, and the hard work is much appreciated. Kudos to the lead
I'll be trying out the library tomorrow =)

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Spock Framework" group.
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/spockframework?hl=en.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Excited to try it out

Peter Niederwieser
Administrator
Hi Erem,

thanks for trying Spock. Let us know how it goes!

Cheers,
Peter

On Nov 24, 11:53 am, Erem <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I ended an excellent coding session today on a bad note because of
> frustration with jmock. Then I happened across the Spock google code
> page and it looks like just what the doctor ordered.
>
> Also, it's one of  the best-documented open source projects I've run
> across yet, and the hard work is much appreciated. Kudos to the lead
> I'll be trying out the library tomorrow =)

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Spock Framework" group.
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/spockframework?hl=en.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Excited to try it out

Erem
I got it working great in an Eclipse Groovy project, but I'd like to
use spock in testing my existing java project. Unfortunately I can't
get the Groovy Eclipse Plugin to play nice with said project. Null
pointer exceptions when trying to import Groovy libraries, compilation
errors, etc.

Is there a particular distribution or milestone of the Groovy plugin
that you find to be more stable and interoperable with existing java
projects than the others?

On Nov 24, 11:34 am, Peter Niederwieser <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Erem,
>
> thanks for trying Spock. Let us know how it goes!
>
> Cheers,
> Peter
>
> On Nov 24, 11:53 am, Erem <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I ended an excellent coding session today on a bad note because of
> > frustration with jmock. Then I happened across the Spock google code
> > page and it looks like just what the doctor ordered.
>
> > Also, it's one of  the best-documented open source projects I've run
> > across yet, and the hard work is much appreciated. Kudos to the lead
> > I'll be trying out the library tomorrow =)

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Spock Framework" group.
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/spockframework?hl=en.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Excited to try it out

Peter Niederwieser
Administrator
Usually the latest development build (http://dist.codehaus.org/groovy/distributions/greclipse/snapshot/e3.5/) works best for me (though I mostly use IDEA). If you run into problems with the plugin, please post to the mailing list (http://xircles.codehaus.org/lists/eclipse-plugin-user@...) or raise an issue (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE). From my own experience, I can tell you that the Eclipse plugin developers are VERY responsive. And the plugin is getting better every day.

Hope this helps.

Cheer,
Peter

On 24.11.2009, at 22:51, Erem wrote:

I got it working great in an Eclipse Groovy project, but I'd like to
use spock in testing my existing java project. Unfortunately I can't
get the Groovy Eclipse Plugin to play nice with said project. Null
pointer exceptions when trying to import Groovy libraries, compilation
errors, etc.

Is there a particular distribution or milestone of the Groovy plugin
that you find to be more stable and interoperable with existing java
projects than the others?

On Nov 24, 11:34 am, Peter Niederwieser <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Erem,

thanks for trying Spock. Let us know how it goes!

Cheers,
Peter

On Nov 24, 11:53 am, Erem <[hidden email]> wrote:

I ended an excellent coding session today on a bad note because of
frustration with jmock. Then I happened across the Spock google code
page and it looks like just what the doctor ordered.

Also, it's one of  the best-documented open source projects I've run
across yet, and the hard work is much appreciated. Kudos to the lead
I'll be trying out the library tomorrow =)

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Spock Framework" group.
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/spockframework?hl=en.



--

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Spock Framework" group.
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/spockframework?hl=en.