Gradle 2.3 && Spock 1.0-groovy-2.4 && Geb 0.13.1 && Groovy 2.4.5 && IntelliJ15

Gradle 2.3 && Spock 1.0-groovy-2.4 && Geb 0.13.1 && Groovy 2.4.5 && IntelliJ15

tudor.dimcica
Hi,

I have a testing project in which I used for some time version 0.12.2 of Geb.
Today I decided to upgrade to 0.13.1 because it had some useful improvements.
Updating the Geb version led to the first compile-time exception which warned me that I need Groovy 2.4.5 instead of 2.4.1 as it was configured before. I updated the Groovy version in build.gradle which led me to another compile-time exception:

Error:Groovyc: Could not instantiate global transform class org.spockframework.compiler.SpockTransform specified at jar:file:/Users/dimcica/.gradle/caches/modules-2/files-2.1/org.spockframework/spock-core/1.0-groovy-2.4/ceaa8b69f274ed3de24da3e6a6c86f673b426d1a/spock-core-1.0-groovy-2.4.jar!/META-INF/services/org.codehaus.groovy.transform.ASTTransformation  because of exception java.lang.NullPointerException

From this moment on, I haven't managed to get rid of this exception in any way without re-cloning the project and regenerating the IntelliJ project through gradle, not even reverting to the old versions that were working. The odd part is that if I build the project and run the tests from command-line through gradle it all goes well. But I really need to run the tests JUnit-like and the setup with the updated versions doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone stumbled upon this situation or can somebody give me some hints of where to look for solutions for solving this error?

Thanks,
Tudor