If you need Spock to be Java 5 compatible, speak up NOW

If you need Spock to be Java 5 compatible, speak up NOW

Unless you convince us otherwise, Spock 0.4 will require Java 6.

Re: If you need Spock to be Java 5 compatible, speak up NOW

Just to let you know, we have decided to continue to support Java 5.

Re: If you need Spock to be Java 5 compatible, speak up NOW

Luke Daley-2

On 20/02/2010, at 5:48 AM, Peter Niederwieser wrote:

> Just to let you know, we have decided to continue to support Java 5.

I find it very surprising that so many people are still on Java 5.

Anyone have any ideas why this is?

Re: If you need Spock to be Java 5 compatible, speak up NOW

Hamlet D'Arcy
IMO, there is nothing really wrong with Java 5. There aren't new
language additions in 6 so developers aren't clamouring for an upgrade
the way they were with 5. My project right now uses 5 and unless we
find a problem that 6 fixes, then we'll just stick with 5. And we are
not in an Enterprise. We could upgrade tomorrow if we thought it was
worth the effort.

--
Hamlet D'Arcy
[hidden email]