Name clash with another open source project

Name clash with another open source project

Kostis Kapelonis
Hello all

Has anybody seen this?

http://www.spock.li/

Spock is a lightweight Haskell web framework inspired by Ruby's Sinatra.

https://github.com/agrafix/Spock

I think it would confuse people that search for one or another...

Re: Name clash with another open source project

Sean Gilligan
It's already confused me. :(

-- Sean

On 4/20/15 12:33 AM, Kostis Kapelonis wrote:

> Hello all
>
> Has anybody seen this?
>
> http://www.spock.li/
>
> Spock is a lightweight Haskell web framework inspired by Ruby's Sinatra.
>
> https://github.com/agrafix/Spock
>
> I think it would confuse people that search for one or another...

Re: Name clash with another open source project

Patrick van Dissel
If though it may be confusing, the frameworks have different purposes.
But more importantly, Spock "testing" framework had its first commit in
2007, the other spock had its first commit in 2013.

/Patrick

On 04/20/2015 05:39 PM, Sean Gilligan wrote:

> It's already confused me. :(
>
> -- Sean
>

> On 4/20/15 12:33 AM, Kostis Kapelonis wrote:
>> Hello all
>>
>> Has anybody seen this?
>>
>> http://www.spock.li/
>>
>> Spock is a lightweight Haskell web framework inspired by Ruby's Sinatra.
>>
>> https://github.com/agrafix/Spock
>>
>> I think it would confuse people that search for one or another...

Re: Name clash with another open source project

Eric MacAdie
This may sound rude, but:

It's Haskell. I wouldn't worry about it.

= Eric MacAdie