Spock and Gradle 2.7/8

Stewart Bryson
I'd like to upgrade to all my build jobs to Gradle 2.8 (or even 2.7), but I am unable to because of Spock's dependency on groovy-all 2.4.1. Gradle uses groovy-all 2.4.4, so I get errors during my build because of the conflict.

Is there any way to work around this... or is there a timeline for remove the dependency on groovy-all 2.4.1?

Thank you.