Unroll at a Spec level?

Noah Nordrum
I've got a situation I'm hoping somebody has a more elegant solution for.

We have a number of UI tests that we want to run against each node of a cluster. We already have the base url parameterized out (obviously), and what I was hoping we could do was just toss a @Unroll on the Spec, and then pass that a list of the hostnames.

Best solutions I can think of right now would be something that we can implement in a superclass, or a Spock Extension (which would be implemented in a superclass...).

Anybody done anything like this before?

TL;DR--unroll/matrix tests at the Spec level, not the Feature method level

Thanks!

Re: Unroll at a Spec level?

Kostis Kapelonis
I would try to setup a system property with the URL and run the tests
multiple times passing a different URL this time.
This way if a URL is down, the tests will continue for the other URLs.

But you right that an extension for this would be interesting as well.

Kostis

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 1:00 AM, Noah Nordrum <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've got a situation I'm hoping somebody has a more elegant solution for.
>
> We have a number of UI tests that we want to run against each node of a
> cluster. We already have the base url parameterized out (obviously), and
> what I was hoping we could do was just toss a @Unroll on the Spec, and then
> pass that a list of the hostnames.
>
> Best solutions I can think of right now would be something that we can
> implement in a superclass, or a Spock Extension (which would be implemented
> in a superclass...).
>
> Anybody done anything like this before?
>
> TL;DR--unroll/matrix tests at the Spec level, not the Feature method level
>
> Thanks!

Re: Unroll at a Spec level?

David Lumpkin
I'm doing exactly this, but reporting becomes complicated because we have multiple executions of the same specs. I would much prefer to apply parameters globally through a trait or extension if anyone has figured this out.

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 1:00 AM, Noah Nordrum <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="5Y5ytj4sDAAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">nnor...@...> wrote: