exception from junit..fail() gets eaten

Barry Kaplan (2)
In my setupSpeck() junit's fail is invoked(). The result is the test
terminates but no message or exception is displayed (in Idea at
least).

Should I be using something else to fail fast?

Re: exception from junit..fail() gets eaten

Hi Barry,

I suggest to use "assert false" instead of JUnit's fail(). You can
also add a message:
assert false, "this should not have happened"

That said, I suppose you still won't see an exception. Can you please
file an issue (http://issues.spockframework.org)?